The senior principals of CDD, Dr. Rawia Fadel and Dr. Samir El-Sadek, began their consulting services in Egypt in 1964. By 1989, their services had covered planning, architecture, and engineering projects and studies in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, USA, and Mexico. They founded CDD in 1999.
Consulting services continued on various projects, but concentrated since 1994 on tourism projects in the Middle East and the Arab Gulf States. The Center of Design and Development was then formally established as a limited liability company in Egypt in 1999 to provide broader planning, architecture, and engineering consulting services; and a branch office of CDD was established in the Sultanate of Oman in 2004.
CDD is currently recognized for providing quality consulting services for the public and private sectors, both within Egypt and internationally, based on the extensive accumulated experience of its principals and specialized staff.
CDD has acquired significant experience in handling a broad range of consultancy assignments in planning, architecture, engineering, and construction management and supervision services; and has a track record of projects in Egypt and the Middle East, particularly in the following areas:
– Strategic National and Regional Planning
– Master Planning and Urban Design
– Architectural Design, and preparation of Construction and Bidding Documents
– Landscape Architecture
– Interior Design
– Infrastructure Planning and Design
– Preparation of Terms of Reference and Procurement Procedures
– Environmental Studies and Analyses
– Tourism sector Studies and Analyses
– Construction Management and Supervision
– Institutional Development
– Training and Capacity Building
– Physical and Social Surveys
– Information Systems, and Databases